Geography is taught in half term units by a team of specialist teachers with a wide range of experience at GCSE and Advanced Level, in our suite of Humanities rooms. We focus on an enquiry and decision making based approach to learning.
Year 7 Geography
- Assessment - Weather Enquiry.
- Natural Hazards-Earthquakes and Tsunamis
- Assessment - Responses to Tsunami.
- Home Region Britain and Map Skills
Year 8 Geography
- Assessment - Population test including case studies on Mexico-USA migration and China one child policy.
- Assessment - Coasts test including Holderness case study
- Assessment - Flooding
- Trip to Dovedale
Year 9 Geography
- Assessment - Letter to the Brazilian Government about the future uses of the rainforest
- Assessment - Sustainable agricultural projects
Geography inspires learners to become global citizens, giving them the opportunity to explore their place in the world, their values and the responsibilities to other people. Taking an in-depth look at both physical and human aspects of geography, students will study a range of different units and take part in a local field study investigation.