History is taught in half term units by a team of specialist teachers with a wide range of experience at GCSE and Advanced Level, in our suite of Humanities rooms. We focus on an evidence based approach to learning.
Year 7 History
- What is History?
- Medieval Britain.
- Assessment - The Battle of Hastings
Kenilworth Castle Visit
- Assessment - Elizabeth’s appearance
- Assessment - Battle of Naseby
Year 8 History
- Industrial Revolution (Transport)
- Assessment - Slave Conditions
- Industrial Revolution (Factories/city life)
- Assessment - Working Conditions
- 19th Century Popular Protest
Year 9 History
- First World War
- Assessment - Causes
- Visit by First World War Specialist
- Inter-War Causes of World War 2- Rise of Hitler
- Assessment - German Expansion/Appeasement
- First World War Battlefields Tour
- World War 2
- Assessment - Dunkirk -Triumph or Disaster?
- Cold War- Kennedy. Vietnam
Visit to Beth Shalom
GCSE History is a fantastic opportunity for students to develop a greater understanding of key events in time and develop a wide range of transferrable skills that are highly valued by employers.