Ski Trip Blog - Day 1
The journey was long (as expected) but the students were fantastic. We made the Port of Dover bang on time to catch the 6:20pm ferry, and students enjoyed their nutritious dinner which predominately consisted of chips, Toblerone or both.
Meeting up with Bob and Pete, our drivers, we travelled through France and Switzerland where students grabbed as much sleep as they could with the odd toilet and food stop along the way. The highlights of the journey involved:
- The Dover Port Police commenting on our students being the best-behaved group they have seen.
- Jamie taking to a little sleep walk and sitting on top of Mr Holt
- Miss Harrison’s gymnastic prowess as she jumped over sleeping students’ legs.
- Angus and Tristan killing it at charades.
- Sam, Harry and George’s 147 trips to the toilet.
Upon arrival at Hotel Girasole, the students tried on their ski equipment for size and unpacked their bags before heading down to dinner for some traditional Italian cuisine (and lots of it).
Students went to bed to catch up on much needed sleep in preparation for their first day on the slopes. The schedule is a busy one, but we will do our best to keep you updated on Twitter (@TMB_School) and this blog for the rest of the week.
Lots of love