Transport arrangements to The Market Bosworth School can vary significantly depending on where you live. The documents below give further information on the routes currently provided, however, please note these routes are reviewed on an annual basis.
The Local Authority Policy states that traditional ‘admissions catchment areas’ for entitlement to school transport are generally no longer the case. Feeder arrangements have also no bearing on school transport entitlement. In brief, free home to school transport will be provided as follows:
- For pupils aged between 4 and 16 – the legal minimum of free transport for pupils over the statutory walking distance, 2 miles for primary age and 3 miles for secondary age from home to the nearest school (or educational placement) with places available.
Beyond this schools have no legal obligation to transport students to school and from school.
However, in conjunction with Roberts Travel Group (Ellistown), South Staffs Coaches (Tamworth) and GH Watts (Leicester), we run a number of services. Please note, however, we cannot guarantee any place on any service. If places for one of our school run services are oversubscribed, then we will revert to the same criteria used in our admissions policy to prioritise places for this service.
Prior to applying for a place at the school we strongly advise that parents consider whether they are in a position to arrange their own transport to and from school, should it ever be necessary.
If you have any further questions please contact the school.
- Transport to TMBS 2021 22
- South Staffs Blue Route Timetable
- Roberts Red Route Timetable
- Roberts Purple Route Timetable
- Roberts Orange Route Timetable
- Roberts MB001 Timetable
- City Service timetable 2020 21